There are a lot of different things going on with Lansdowne right now, and it's hard for people to get the full picture from media coverage. In this email, we respond to some of the misleading news coverage of the zoning appeals, as well as media attacks on Friends of Lansdowne. This is a long post, but we think it is warranted to clarify the situation.
There are 7 different challenges/review/approval processes underway, namely:
1. The Lansdowne Legal Challenge about municipal governance and democratic process
2. Ontario Municipal Board Appeals relating to land use planning and zoning
3. Conservation Review Board Appeals about the De-Designation of the Horticulture Building
4. Ontario Heritage Trust Approvals Related to Heritage Conservation Easements for the Aberdeen Pavilion
5. Ministry of the Environment Approvals relating to treatment of contaminated soils
6. Design and Site Plan Approvals
7. Final Agreements and Governance models
Each is completely separate, and has a different purpose, timeline and cast of characters. None of these is settled at this time.