The Lansdowne plan with its expensive stadium, large shopping/condo complex, and urban park will be:
A bad deal for taxpayers.
- The City gives away valuable land for free.
- The City spends hundreds of millions of your money.
- Your taxes go up (while a private corporation profits). Read more...
A transportation failure.
- A stadium without rapid transit is shortsighted.
- Traffic will be gridlocked.
- Parking will be a problem (the stadium has 1/10th the parking needed) Read more...
A poor use of public space.
- Massive commercial development diminishes Lansdowne’s heritage.
- The farmers’ market is at risk.
- Public control will be lost for 30 to 70 years.
There is an alternative that will cost less, bring football sooner, locate the stadium on transit and make Lansdowne a great public place for Ottawa.
Getting Lansdowne wrong is too costly!
Tell your councillor you want an alternative.